JAPURA Scholarship 2021 - Application closed
Japura Scholarship Scheme (JSS) of JAAI
The JSS was established in 2010 to provide financial assistance to needy students who study for an undergraduate degree at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. The selection of scholarships is mainly based on the applicant’s financial circumstances, past academic success, involvement in sports and engagement in social activities.
Value of Scholarship
The selected applicants have the opportunity to win a scholarship of LKR25,000, tenable for 10 months from March to December 2021.
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- be a full-time undergraduate student at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura;
- submit an online application through the JAAI web site before 31 March 2021;
- be able to provide some evidence to prove their financial/academic status and social/sport activities, if required.
- The recipients of previous years are also eligible to reapply if they continue their undergraduate studies at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura
The selection of scholarship recipients is based on three main criteria:
- Applicant’s income/financial circumstances (40%)
- Applicant’s academic excellence (40%)
- Applicant’s level of involvement in sports and social activities (20%)
- 31 March 2021 - Applications are closed for the JAAI Scholarship Scheme 2021.
- April & May 2021 - Applications will be reviewed by the Japura Scholarship Committee and the Committee will submit the recommendations to the Executive Committee of JAAI. The donors of Gold/Memorial Scholarships will select students to award their scholarships. The Executive Committee of JAAI will approve the final list of recipients.
- Early June 2021 - Successful applicants will be notified and the full list will be published on the JAAI website.
Evaluation and Notification
The selection is final and there is no appeal process.
Providing false or misleading information will be treated seriously and, if appropriate, the JAAI may terminate a scholarship already granted.
JAAI Scholarship Committee
For more details,
Japura Alumni Australia INC